Tuesday, October 14, 2008

10/14/08

I think there should be a law that says that the minimum drinking age is 18. I think this would be a good law because a point that came up in the Vietnam War. If you are old enough to fight for your country then you should be able to vote, this goes along with our rights as an American. I feel that it is the same with drinking. Now this is not saying that I am going to drink when I am 18, but if someone wanted to, then they should have that freedom. I know a lot of older people are going to look down upon this, but a lot of things are looked down upon, concerning your constitutional rights.

1 comment:

mrs. jenkins said...

Good point about being old enough to fight for your country but not old enough to drink. I think the reason the drinking age is as high as it is, is because of young men, honestly. Boys mature so much slower than girls, and when they are 18, boys are still very reckless. This isn't to say every girl is responsible. But, on average, teenage boys are much more careless and dangerous, and they impulsively make decisions. This is why their car insurance is so much higher until they are 25, at which point it evens out with girls.